Application Deadline extended to March 6, 2017
Late French Immersion & Integrated French
The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board (CCRSB) is extending the application deadline for students interested in enrolling in Late French Immersion and Integrated French. The new application deadline is March 6, 2017.
Late French Immersion (Grade 7 entry) is available at Redcliff Middle School (Valley).
Integrated French (Grade 7 entry) is available at the following locations:
- Dr. W. A. MacLeod Consolidated (Riverton)
- E.B. Chandler Junior High (Amherst)
- Springhill Junior/Senior High (Springhill)
- Redcliff Middle School (Bible Hill)
- Truro Junior High School (Truro)
- Central Colchester Junior High (Onslow)
- Riverside Education Centre (Milford)
- South Colchester Academy (Brookfield)
Information packages (including application forms) for both Late French Immersion and Integrated French are available at all schools with Grade 6 students, as well as each Family of Schools Office and at the CCRSB Central Office in Truro. Once completed, the application form should be returned to the child’s school.
This same information can also be found on the CCRSB website:
- Late French Immersion – Information & application form
- Integrated French – Information & application form
Students and their families do not need to have a background in French to participate and find success in Late French Immersion and Integrated French programs.
Parents or guardians with questions should contact the CCRSB French Program Services Department at 902-897-8965 or 1-800-770-0008 (toll-free in Nova Scotia).
Addresses for CCRSB offices:
- CCRSB Central Office: 60 Lorne Street, Truro NS
- Celtic Family of Schools Office: 2561 Westville Road, Westville (serving Pictou County)
- Chignecto Family of Schools Office: 84 Church Street, Springhill (serving Cumberland County)
- Cobequid Family of Schools Office: 60 Lorne Street, Truro (serving north, west & east Colchester County)
- Nova Family of Schools Office: 224 Highway 214, Elmsdale (serving south Colchester County & the Municipality of East Hants)
For more information about Optional French Programs in CCRSB, click here.
The Chignecto-Central Regional School Board is comprised of 17 board members and 2,700 staff all striving to develop independent, lifelong learners in a student-centered environment, with high expectations for all. CCRSB serves almost 20,000 students from Primary to Grade 12, throughout the counties of Colchester, Cumberland and Pictou, and the Municipality of East Hants.
For more information, contact:
Debbie Buott-Matheson, Senior Communications Manager
Chignecto-Central Regional School Board