Colchester County Parents & Guardians we need your help
Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education will be rolling out an online system for parents and guardians to access their children’s bus information, called Bus Planner.
About Bus Planner
Bus Planner is an online system that will allow schools and families to view busing information for students such as bus eligibility, bus stop locations, and bus pick up /drop off times.
Before we go live with Bus Planner in August, we are reaching out to our Colchester County parents/guardians to help us test it. We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure our bus information is transferred online, however, we are looking for your help to confirm student data and help us find any bugs or misinformation regarding your child’s bus information.
When? Testing will open to parents and guardians May 13- May 27
Student Transportation within CCRCE
Based on CCRCE’s Transportation Policy, each student that is eligible for bus transportation is assigned a bus stop based on their civic address (or in some instances the bus stop on your route you commonly use). In order for a student to be eligible for bus transportation, they must live outside the designated walking distance:
- Elementary Schools- Students living 1.6 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus.
- Middle/High Schools- Students living 3.6 km or less are within walking distance and not eligible for a bus.
- For more information about CCRCE’s Transportation Policy, please visit: http://www.ccrce.ca/sites/default/files/os-t-01%20student%20transportation.pdf
Some of our students have special permission to access buses or bus stops outside of their civic address within CCRCE. This is called courtesy busing. In order to be considered for courtesy busing, students must also fit within the courtesy busing regulations.
A few things to consider before you start testing:
- You will be testing your child’s current bus stop, pick-up/drop-off times for the 2018-19 school year. On August 1, 2019, our new bus information for the 2019-20 school year will be available when we go live.
- If your child does not take the bus, yet is eligible, their information might not appear on Bus Planner. Please let us know in the test if this is the case.
- All student information is pulled from PowerSchool. Please verify that your civic address is up-to-date and accurate.
- While Pre-primary children are not eligible for busing, Pre-Primary parents are kindly asked to participate in the testing to verify your civic address for the 2019-20 school year bus routes.
Ready to take the test?
Getting Started * Remember testing is only open between May 13-May 27
- You will need your Student ID Your child’s student ID can be found in PowerSchool or on your child’s report card. If you need help accessing your child’s student ID, please contact your school.
- Visit https://studentbussing.ccrce.ca with your student’s ID number.
- Click Parent Portal on the bottom of the navigation list
- Enter your student’s ID number, student’s birthday, your home street number, and your school.
- Open a new window or tab then visit https://bit.ly/2LFfESL (case sensitive) to answer questions about what you are seeing in Bus Planner (e.g. is the information correct?). Please note this form does collect user emails.
- Tell us everything! In order to improve our online bus information, we need to hear from you. Please make sure to capture everything that is not displaying correctly within the survey. Have more information to tell us? Please feel free to share more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the test or want to provide addition information, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com. For general transportation questions, please contact the Colchester Bus Garage at 902-896-5767.
We want to thank you in advance for helping us test our bus information and getting us ready to launch in Colchester County this upcoming August. Once we test and roll out in Colchester County, we will continue the testing and roll out in our other three counties within CCRCE.
• If you have a question on the Bus Planner test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• For general Transportation questions, please contact the Truro Bus Garage at 902-896-5767