Reporting Information for Parents (Grade Primary to 6)
Parents/guardians of students in grade 1-6 will notice a few changes on Term 1 report cards when issued later this month. Report cards will continue to summarize how well students are progressing both academically and socially, only now we are using developmental reporting codes.
These codes include:
- Well Developed (WD)
- Developing as Expected (DE)
- Needs Development (ND)
Being implemented across the province, the developmental reporting codes better reflect the developmental nature of learning for our youngest students in elementary grade levels.
Special Notes for Reporting at Grades Primary to Grade 3 for 2018/19
- There are no changes to Primary report cards.
- Grades 1-3 will use the developmental scale for reporting in every reporting term.
- Student achievement in Physical Education and Music will not be reported formally in Term 1, only in reported in Terms 2 and 3.
Special Notes for Reporting at Grades 4-6 for 2018/19
- Like at grades Primary to 3, student achievement will be reported in Integrated Language Arts and Integrated Mathematics.
- The developmental scale will be used for reporting in Term 1
- The letter grade scale will be used for reporting in Terms 2 and 3
- Student achievement in Physical Education, Music and Core French will not be reported formally in Term 1, only in reported in Terms 2 and 3.
For more details on these changes, the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development has released a video for parents of students in grades primary to six providing an overview of the changes to the provincial report card templates. The short video can be accessed online at https://goo.gl/VTcVV4