The Pre-Primary program is voluntary and is open to all children who are at least four years old by December 31st, 2020 and live within school catchment. Children can only attend the Pre-Primary program for one year. Please Note: Children of African Nova Scotian descent within Pictou County are eligible to register for the New Glasgow Academy Pre-Primary program regardless of catchment.
We are now accepting pre-registration for all sites for the Pre-Primary Program for September 2020. Children who are at least four (4) years old by December 31st, 2020 and live within the school's catchment area are eligible. Registration information is available here.
We are pleased to share the new site locations for the Pre-Primary program within CCRCE:
- Dr. W.A. MacLeod Consolidated
- G.R. Saunders Elementary
- McCulloch Education Centre
- Advocate District School
- Spring Street Academy (Located at Amherst Regional High School)*
- Harmony Heights Elementary
- Truro Elementary
- Valley Elementary
- Elmsdale District Elementary **
- Enfield District School
- Maple Ridge Elementary **
* Additional Information on Spring Street Academy’s Pre-Primary Program
After many options were explored for Spring Street Academy’s Pre-Primary class, Amherst Regional High School was determined as the best location available.
The Pre-Primary classes will have a dedicated space at the school with a separate and secure entrance for the children. There are other communities within the province with Pre-Primary located within a middle or high school. The current sites with this configuration have experienced welcoming school communities for the younger children from the older students as well as increased learning opportunities for the early childhood studies classes.
If you have additional questions regarding the Spring Street Academy Pre-Primary Program, please contact PrePrimary@ccrce.ca
** Additional Information on Elmsdale District Elementary and Maple Ridge Elementary’s Pre-Primary Programs
To accommodate our incoming new Pre-Primary classes and the growing student and community population in the East Hants area, two elementary schools will receive building additions.
Elmsdale District Elementary and Maple Ridge Elementary will be expanding to include two additional classrooms per school.
Pre-Primary classes will be temporarily housed off site while the extensions are added to the schools. We are currently finalizing the alternate location for the Pre-Primary classes in the local community. Once confirmed, we will share this information on this webpage as well as share with registered parents/guardians.
If you have additional questions regarding the Elmsdale District Elementary and Maple Ridge Elementary Pre-Primary Programs, please contact PrePrimary@ccrce.ca
- A.G. Baillie Memorial
- Bible Hill Consolidated School
- Brookfield Elementary School (Including Upper Stewiacke Elementary)
- Chiganois Elementary School
- Cobequid Consolidated School
- Cobequid District Elementary
- Cumberland North Academy
- Cyrus Eaton Elementary School (Including Northport Consolidated, and Wallace Consolidated)
- Debert Elementary School
- Frank H. MacDonald School
- Hilden Elementary School
- Junction Road Elementary School
- Kennetcook District School
- New Glasgow Academy (Africentric)
- North River Elementary School
- Oxford Regional Education Centre
- Parrsboro Regional Elementary
- Rawdon District Elementary School
- River Hebert District School
- Salt Springs Elementary
- Scotsburn Elementary (Including West Pictou Consolidated)
- Shubenacadie District Elementary School
- Tatamagouche Regional Academy
- Thorburn Consolidated School
- Trenton Elementary School
- Uniacke District School
- Walter Duggan Consolidated School
- West Colchester Consolidated (Including Great Village Elementary)
- West End Memorial
- West Highlands Elementary School
- Winding River Consolidated
To see more of what our Pre-Primary classrooms are about in Nova Scotia, check out our great Pre-Primary Video Playlist here.