(Including Early French Immersion Grade Primary Program)
Only children who reside in Nova Scotia can register at CCRCE schools
Please complete the following information to pre-register your child for Primary at Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education.
IMPORTANT (Early French Immersion Primary): If you are interested in applying for the French Immersion Program you must first register your child at their local catchment area school based on the child’s primary residence. You may then indicate which one of the four Optional French Program locations you would like your child to attend.
Please note, by completing this form, it does not guarantee that any of the Optional French Programs will be offered. The Immersion Program offered at Truro Elementary School, Spring Street Academy, Elmsdale District Elementary and A. G. Baillie Memorial will depend upon interest and availability of qualified French teachers.
If you are unsure of your child's local catchment area school, please contact one of the following Transportation Offices before continuing to register:
- Celtic (Pictou County) - 902-485-7995
- Chignecto (Cumberland County) - 902-661-2533
- Cobequid (Colchester County) - 902-896-5767
- Nova (East Hants County) - 902-758-4614
Primary Registration Student Information
Incoming primary students must be at least 5 years old on or before December 31st, 2022.
1st Parent / Guardian Information
2nd Parent / Guardian Information (Optional)
Civic Address: (if different from mailing address)
You must first select your child's catchment area school before you can apply for the optional Early French Immersion Grade Primary program.
Optional French Program
In order for a student to be considered for Early French Immersion Grade Primary this application form must be submitted online before February 18th, 2022.
(Applications received after February 18th, 2022 will be added to a waitlist)
By submitting the Optional French Program portion of this application, parent/guardian is aware of the following information:
- A public draw will be held at schools whose number of applications is greater than the number of places allotted.
- My child and I are expected to make a commitment to the program.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian for students applying from outside the catchment area.